Senate Bill 2234 was passed on June 28, 2007, which requires all home inspectors in the state of Florida to carry a Florida Home Inspector License to be able to perform home inspections within the state. This law also regulates mold remediation licensing but with different requirements. The Florida Home Inspector Licensing Law went into effect July 1, 2010 and requires home inspectors to meet the following licensing requirements:
- Be of good moral character;
- Have a high school diploma or its equivalent;
- Complete a course of study (approved by the department) of no less than 120 hours that covers the following components: structure, electrical, HVAC, roof, plumbing, interiors, exteriors and site conditions that affect the structure.
- Maintain a commercial general liability insurance policy in an amount not less than $300,000.
- Apply to the department to take a licensure examination;
Click the links on the side of the page to find out more about the licensing law or courses offered by Professional Home Inspection Institute.